3.6 overs: OUT! Navdeep Saini cleans up Tom Banton for 8. KKR 23/1
“I think in the last couple of innings, I was going too hard. Here, I tried getting my head forward and into the line of the ball. It became a bit tougher, they bowled the cutters and the slower balls, it became tough to hit. He is a special batsman, making the pitch look easy. Perhaps, I should have got out earlier (grins). At one stage, we thought 180 was a good score on this ground. We’ll have to bowl well, they will come hard at us.”
That’s it! RCB set 195-run target for KKR in Sharjah
FIFTY for AB de Villiers (53*) off 23 balls. RCB 158/2 in 17.2 overs
150 comes up for RCB in 17.1 overs – 152/2
100 comes up for RCB in 13.1 overs – 100/2
12.2 overs: OUT! Prasidh Krishna cleans up Aaron Finch for 47. RCB 94/2
7.4 overs: OUT! Andre Russell cleans up Devdutt Padikkal for 32. RCB 67/1
50 comes up for RCB in 6.2 overs – 50/0
“We will bat first. A high scoring ground, the pitch might become slower and slower – scores are coming down in the last couple of games. There’s no grass on the surface, so it can get scuffed up. We’re confident in our bowling, it’s important to execute our plans, Chris Morris was a huge plus. We have spoken about partnerships, a good start will help us more.
One change – Siraj comes in for Mann
, gives us an extra bowling option on a small ground like this.”
“I’m happy to have lost the toss, might have batted first as well. It’s important that the bowlers believe in themselves, like it happened in the KXIP match where they dominated us for almost 39 overs.
Banton is a special player, he’s a superstar in the making, he replaces Sunil Narine.
Latest News: Tom Banton has been handed the KKR cap by his England captain Eoin Morgan
“This wicket doesn’t have that shine that has been accustomed so far here in Sharjah, it looks quite dark and it means it could play a little bit slower. There was quite a lot more spin in the last game compared to the games that were played before in this venue, it’s just not spin but the seamers will have a role to play, especially if they use their variations. Overall, it’s a good wicket and you need to respect the bowlers. Toss might not prove to be a big factor today”
* Change at both ends: Yuzvendra Chahal comes into the attackTime-Out!End of Powerplay. Sundar continued his good run in the powerplay overs as he started his spell with a four-run over – a leg bye and three singles.* Bowling change: Washington Sundar comes into the attackShubman Gill (24*) ended Mohammed Siraj over with a four and a six after Nitish Rana opened his account with a first-ball four.BOWLED! Saini got his man as his quick 148k/h delivery castled into Banton’s stumps after getting an inside edge. The Englishman was a bit nervous playing his debut match in IPL. Good early breakthrough for RCB.Mohammed Siraj also started with a tidy over, gave away just four runs in it.* Early bowling change: Mohammed Siraj comes into the attackGood, tidy start from Navdeep Saini, just 5 runs off it including two wides.* Navdeep Saini to share the new ball with Chris Morris7 runs off Chris Morris’s first over. Good start fro Kolkata.Shubman Gill opens his account with a four towards backward square leg off Chris Morris.Welcome Back! Shubman Gill and Tom Banton to start the KKR run chase. Chris Morris with the ball for RCB.17 runs off the final over bowled by Andre Russell (4-0-51-1) as AB de Villiers (73* off 33 balls) hit a six and a four in it. RCB scored as many as 83 runs in the final five overs. De Villiers added an unbeaten 100 runs, off 47 balls, for the third wicket with skipper Virat Kohli (33* off 28). De Villiers smacked six sixes and five fours, while Kohli hit just one four during their knocks.12 runs off Prasidh Krishna’s over, a very good one from the pacer considering the match situations. Just one four in it.Virat Kohli (29*) hits his first boundary of the night, a four to third man off Prasidh Krishna.AB de Villiers (57*) hit a four and a six as Andre Russell leaked 17 runs in it. That’s 54 runs for RCB in the last three overs.De Villiers brought up his fifty with a big six off Andre Russell, his 5th of the night. ABD also hit four fours so far.Another big over for Bangalore as AB de Villiers (43* off 21) smacked two sixes and a four off Pat Cummins in it. Cummins’ final figures:AB de Villiers (32*) smacks Pat Cummins over long-off for his third maximum.Time-Out!- AB de Villiers (26*) clobbered 18 runs off Kamlesh Nagarkoti’s final over. RCB are set to launch the final assault now. The pacer returned figures of 0 for 36 in 4 overs.Back-to-back sixes. AB de Villiers (22*) smacks another one, this time it goes outside the stadium.AB de Villiers (16*) smacks Kamlesh Nagarkoti over wide long-on for his first maximum.Runs not coming easily even for the two batting stalwarts right now. Varun Chakravarthy completed his spell with a tidy 4-run over. Varun’s final figures:Another good over from Kamlesh Nagarkoti as the youngster gave away just 8 runs at this stage and did not allow Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers hit any boundaries.A wicket and 9 runs off Prasidh Krishna’s over as AB de Villiers opened his account with a four in it.BOWLED! Krishna bowled his yorker right and it castled into the middle stump of Finch. The RCB opener scored 47 off 37 balls with the help of a six and four fours.Aaron Finch (47*) hits Bangalore’s first boundary in 30 balls off Prasidh Krishna.Fantastic bowling from young Kamlesh Nagarkoti, gave away just four singles in it. RCB now haven’t scored a boundary since Devdutt Padikkal hit a six off Andre Russell in the first ball of the 8th over.8 runs off Varun Chakravarthy’s over, but no boundaries. In fact RCB haven’t scored a boundary in the last 23 balls.Tidy start for young Kamlesh Nagarkoti as he gave away just six singles in it.* Bowling change: Kamlesh Nagarkoti comes into the attackGood, tidy over from Varun Chakravarthy, gave away just three runs in it including a leg bye.Successful over from Andre Russell — a wicket and 11 runs off it.Time-Out!BOWLED! Russell got his revenge soon as he castled the stumps of young Padikkal. The RCB opener scored 32 off 23 balls with the help of a six and four fours as the youngster added 67 for the opening wicket with Aaron Finch.Devdutt Padikkal (31*) smacks Andre Russell over long-off for his first maximum.11 runs off Varun Chakravarthy’s first over as Aaron Finch (32*) hit a four in it.* Bowling change at both ends: Varun Chakravarthy comes into the attackGood start from Andre Russell, just six runs off it. Aaron Finch, on 19, got a respite off the final ball as Kamlesh Nagarkoti dropped him at short fine leg. And to the bad luck of Russell, it went for a four.* First bowling change: Andre Russell comes into the attackPat Cummins bowled a tidy over, giving away just 4 runs in it including a leg bye.Again, Devdutt Padikkal (21* off 13) smacked back-to-back fours, this time off Prasidh Krishna as RCB scored 10 runs from the over.Good recovery from Pat Cummins as he ended his over with three straight dot balls after Devdutt Padikkal (12*) smacked back-to-back fours in it.Devdutt Padikkal (8*) opens his boundary count with a four off Pat Cummins.11 runs off Prasidh Krishna’s first over – a six and five singles in it. Good start for Bangalore.Aaron Finch (14*) smacks Prasidh Krishna over wide long-on for the first maximum of the night.* Prasidh Krishna to share the new ball with Pat CumminsConfident start from Aaron Finch (7*) as he hit a four off Pat Cummins in the first over of the match.Aaron Finch opens the account with a four towards deep midwicket off Pat Cummins.Here we go…Aaron Finch and Devdutt Padikkal to start the RCB innings. Pat Cummins with the ball for KKR.Rahul Tripathi, Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Eoin Morgan, Dinesh Karthik (w/c), Tom Banton, Andre Russell, Pat Cummins, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Prasidh Krishna, Varun ChakravarthyDevdutt Padikkal, Aaron Finch, Virat Kohli (c), AB de Villiers (w), Washington Sundar, Shivam Dube, Chris Morris, Isuru Udana, Navdeep Saini, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra ChahalHello and welcome to the live coverage of Match No. 28 of the Indian Premier League 2020 between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kolkata Knight Riders in Sharjah.* Virat Kohli’s form has progressively gotten better against KKR. His last six innings against them read 0, 5, 31, 68*, 84 and 100* Chris Morris has IPL success against two of KKR’s finishers – Karthik & Russell. He has dismissed both of them thrice* Pat Cummins will eye the Finch scalp at the start of the innings. Cummins has bowled 27 balls to his compatriot this season, giving away just 18 runs Read from source….
RCB vs KKR Live Score: Navdeep Saini removes Tom Banton early
3.6 overs: OUT! Navdeep Saini cleans up Tom Banton for 8. KKR 23/1
- Black holes do not move around sucking in objects like a vacuum cleaners, say scientist
- Kajal Aggarwal wedding: Bride-to-be looks gorgeous in pink on her big day
- IPL 2020: ‘Didn’t get bogged down by initial results’, Murugan Ashwin on Kings XI Punjab’s incredible turIPL 2020: ‘Didn’t get bogged down by initial results’, Murugan Ashwin on Kings XI Punjab’s incredible tur
- PM Modi pays homage to Keshubhai Patel, inaugurates ‘Arogya Van’ in Gujarat